HR Advisory Service
The LVA provides members with a comprehensive HR advisory service to assist in managing staff issues and ensuring they are aware of, and compliant with, employment law and workers’ rights. This service is provided by our HR Advisor, Gillian Knight, who is hugely experienced in this area.
This valuable service is complimentary for members and can result in substantial savings. It also provides peace of mind and confidence in dealing with the many challenges that unfold when managing people. All advice is given in strict confidence.
Here are just some of the ways the LVA HR Service can help our members with peace of mind when managing their staff:
- Guiding members through employee grievance & disciplinary issues.
- Designing employee handbooks & employment contracts for employees.
- Advising on unfair or constructive dismissal claims.
- Providing redundancy advice & support.
- Guiding members through part-time staff entitlements.
- Advising on leave entitlements such as annual leave, maternity leave & sick leave.
- Answering minimum wage entitlement queries.
- Informing on working time legislation including rest breaks.
- Transfer of undertakings (TUPE) obligations advice.
- Assistance on the best way of managing retiring employees.
- Advising on HR administration obligations.
- Helping with recruitment processes to ensure “right hire, first time”.
- Our training & procedures help provide confidence when managing employee issues.